Sunday 7 June 2009

Collecting Pup

So at 1pm I set off to collect my new puppy having spent the morning trying to puppy proof my house and set up his nighttime crate. It took and hour to get to his breeder but as soon as I knocked at the front door a flurry of barking started up from all over the house and I knew I had the right address. The breeder welcomed me in and introduced me to my little pups dad who proceeded to bark at me and then run off. He was a very handsome chap so I had high hopes for my little pup. I was then taken through to see the puppy playpen and I couldn't believe my eyes. She had two litters in the playpen at the moment. One purebreed litter of Tibetan Spaniels and the litter I had come to see, the half Shit-zu half Tibetan Spaniels. I was allowed the choice of a girl or a boy but already had my heart set on a little black and white boy so asked to see him. I held him close to me and he gazed into my eyes with such warmth. Within ten mins of picking him up he trusted me enough to fall fast asleep and I knew he was the one for me. I asked to see his mum as all the books tell you to and she was as gorgeous as her pup so I knew that my little boy was going to be a handsome little fellow! Turns out my puppy wasn't meant to be and it was only because a secret rendezvous between mum and dad had happened one night that my puppy was here today. Thank goodness for animal determination and natural instinct!

So I put him in his box and took him home. On the journey he just wouldn't settle and was shouting his head off so loudly! Or at least he was until I found radio 2 and from that point on he just laid down with his eyes open, listening to the radio. I was listening to when they had a listener call in. A man called Malcolm from Wales came on and his voice and attitude sounded like how I imagine my puppy would sound could he speak so that sort of confirmed it in my mind. My puppy was going to be called Malcolm.

Here are some pics of him with his litter mates:

Malcolm(left)


And here is one of his dad:















No comments:

Post a Comment