Thursday 18 June 2009

Pup Catch up! - Day Thirteen with pup - Aged 10 weeks and 2 days

So I have missed a few days of pups blog but thats because we have been off exploring the world together!

Last Friday pup had his first outing to the livery yard. He met Paddy the boxer dog and really didnt know what to make of him. Paddy of course got very excited and started foaming at the mouth and then decided to lick my little pup so he ended up white and sticky from all the paddy foam! After this encounter I took him to meet my horses. This is the first time pup will have seen a horse so what did he do when one came walking over to see him? He rolled over onto his back and if I hadnt of whisked him out the way he would have been squashed flat. So with him now safely in my arms instead of on the ground we said hello to the horses. He licked their noses and tried to chew one of my horses nostrels but that was fair seeing as my horse Lennie had tried to chew little Malcolms tail first! He even managed a short trip sat on the back of my shetland pony Evie! So all in all he is pretty non fussed by horses but if he was allowed to run around with them I cant see him lasting more than about 2 secs so I am gonna have to watch him carefully for a while.

Then we did another new thing - had a ride on a quad bike. He was a bit uncertain as to how to treat this growling monster that seemed to move when he wasnt expecting and yet didnt run away when he barked at it. I sat on the back while my friend drove and little pup sat on my lap. He seemed to enjoy the feeling of the wind in his fur and before long his tongue was out, his ears were flapping and his tail was wagging as hard as it could. I definately have a speed freak dog it seems!

On Monday he met the yard dog Mia who is a Jack Russell. Malcolm was very interested in Mia and I think he now has a new girlfriend. He loves to play with her and was almost disappointed when she lost interest in him as chasing rabbits is much more fun than keeping a puppy amused!
We got a lovely picture of all the yard dogs together:



Car journeys are fun. Sometimes he barks all the way and othertimes he just wants to sleep. He can get out of his car harness as he is so small and yesterday spent the whole journey under my car seat!

He has also been on a play date to Paddys house where despite Malcolms best efforts Paddy didnt want to play and was infact growling at Malcolm the whole time incase he dared to sleep on his blanket!


No comments:

Post a Comment